Pages

Saturday 1 September 2012

Post-op week #1

Was back at the hospital to see my surgeon and my favourite nurses yesterday! It was really nice to be back with people who knew me and knew how to care for me. Trish did my dressing, and the plaster nurse, Glenn came to help with dressing choices too. We are still looking for a dressing that is very non-adherent but also has a very fine mesh so as to disallow any overgrowth of unwanted tissues. They are going to speak to tissue viability over the weekend and on Monday and I'm back there on Tuesday to see what they say and see whether they have any new ideas.

Still no news on the plastic surgeon though. I think I may have found the right person online but I obviously don't want to go and book anything because I could be as wrong as I could be right. My orthopaedic surgeon was supposed to text me last night about booking the appointment (as he'd forgotten the guy's name) but that never happened. Since he wants me to see this plastic surgeon next week, I hope he texts or calls me over the weekend so that I can book in to see the plastic surgeon and then my orthopaedic surgeon as he goes away next Saturday.

The wound has remained relatively similar but is filling up very quickly with the unwanted tissues - granulation tissue and proteins as well as fluids. I have continuously been sick since my surgery and I really have no idea why. It's proving difficult for me to keep my weight up because I've lost my appetite and am vomiting on top of that.

I have been on a huge shopping 'trip' this week, off the internet and am still waiting for my things to arrive. My parents have bought me two pairs of Ugg boots, a purse from Ted Baker and plenty of clothes and so I am super excited to get my parcels next week!

I am so desperate to see this plastic surgeon, especially with my orthopaedic surgeon going away at the end of next week. Hopefully when my orthopaedic surgeon writes the referral letter, he remembers to let me know the name of the guy so I can book my appointment. Otherwise I'll be back seeing my orthopaedic surgeon next week to demand his name! On second thoughts, I need to get a new prescription for my anaesthetics anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.