Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Strange day today

People can be so deceiving and foolish. Because I am relatively young, people think that it's acceptable to play up on me and scare me, taking advantage of the fact that I feel bad easily. Today, I experienced a really terribly set-up case of emotional blackmail and am unfortunately just sat here grinning at my laptop rather than feeling the emotions that I was set up to feel. Immediately, I saw obvious flaws in what was being said and once I figured things out, I just gave up altogether and my doubts all became my beliefs (or disbeliefs!). I'm just at a loss, but it's not a bad one - just feeling slightly smug right here, right now. Obviously the smugness is tinged with anger, but nonetheless I'm not complaining.

Today, I seem to have taken a couple of steps backwards, health-wise. I have an infection, and if it doesn't keep itself contained, the infection will spread to the bone and I don't know what nastiness will ensue if that happens. I am back at the hospital tomorrow to see my surgeon and have my dressings redone by the nice nurses at my usual hospital. I have had more nausea and sickness than yesterday, but not nearly as much as I had a few days ago. I have stopped taking the codeine and am now on just ibuprofen and using Bupivacaine HCl for the pain on the wound at dressing changes.

No news as of yet about the plastic surgeon but hopefully I will be able to book my appointment tomorrow after my visit to the hospital, if not on Monday. There is a possibility of more surgery in the near future if my wounds don't start behaving and if the proteins and overgranulation don't recede. At current, they seem to be getting ever bigger and the cavity is filling up quickly. In my last surgery, my wound was debrided right down to tendon and bone which is the primary reason why infection at this stage would be bad news. Despite being far from ideal though, the granulation tissue is at least creating space between the bone and the infection, or at least that's what I think.

Anyway, despite the slight deterioration in the state of me, I've had a wonderful day! Hope you have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.