Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Day out

I've been bleeding every day this week, and have lost quite a fair bit of blood. More than ever before, I now feel like there's AVM left in my finger because the bleeding is always pulsatile. I would be worried about this if the only option was to maintain status quo, but this week, my surgeon should be consulting others from the plastics team to see if they can operate using a cross finger flap which was suggested in the past. If this is done, any AVM left will be removed. I'd forgotten to also ask him about performing a Z-plasty which has also been an option previously, but was never done. I will be sure to ask him about this on Friday when I next see him at the hospital. I am so nervous but excited also to find out whether I can have surgery, but the thought of declination of this chance kills all the hope I have. I'd rather be realistic than optimistic and I know that the chances of a "yes" are very, very slim indeed and I just want to be prepared for the disappointment rather than expect the excitement.

I went out with my best friend today - we went into Central London and did some shopping. I bought a couple of face cleansers and makeup removers, and a few bits and pieces for my makeup collection. It was a really, really nice day and I'm so pleased I could spend it with one of my favourite people. To top it off, I came home and another great, great friend of mine was online and so we chatted the evening away! I have so many best friends and am so lucky for this - people who I am close to not just through illness, but because  we have similar personalities, regardless of state of health.

My new contact lenses are really wonderful too. This is my second trial and my second pair on this trial and finally, I think I've found lenses which really work for me. I am very short sighted and have bad astigmatism too - I think my prescription is around -8.00 on each eye but I'm so glad they finally found lenses that are made in my prescription! Despite all the bleeds lately, I have totally been on cloud nine! I think about my friends and family every day and remember how lucky I am to have them around me to share everything with me! I hope this week is a good one for everyone - sending lots and lots of love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.