Pages

Friday 3 August 2012

Yesterday's bleed

Had a quiet day today: I went to town with my mother this morning and got a pair of high-waisted jeans from Topshop, a few tops and bought some cupcake ingredients. I decided to ice them as roses today (first time trying it out) as I had pink food colouring that I wanted to try out. They looked alright but I've yet to taste them - the sponge is vanilla as usual and it's a pink buttercream that I made myself.

I ended up emailing my orthopaedic surgeon as I had another horrendous bleed yesterday (no reply as of yet). On taking the dressing off, I saw a purple thread under the skin which I didn't really think much of, until it started bleeding from around that spot. It was then when I realised that the purple thread must have been a vessel.

I was, and still am surprised that I'm not feeling too bad from the bleed. I'm yet to change the dressing today but dreading it, as it's caked in blood which has since dried. It's stuck to the nail bed where there was once a nail, which is most definitely something that makes me cringe like nothing else. I will phone my surgeon's secretary on Monday and book an appointment for Friday - I'd like either the first or last appointment because he's late and overruns. Last week, there were three people before me and he arrived an hour late - by the time he got to me, he was two hours late as he'd gone "overtime" with his previous patients. Because he always sees me, takes me to the dressing/treatment area and then sees me again in the consulting room, the nurses reckon it'd be better to be admitted as a day patient!

Feeling anxious about the possibility of no surgery till I start university and for results day which is in a week and six days' time. I really want to see him before results day as I want to know what's going on and have some questions to ask him. Hoping for a good week until I see him, and wishing everyone a great week too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.