Pages

Sunday 19 August 2012

Big(ish) update!

I got into medical school, as of Thursday! I am SO excited to begin the journey that should take me to a doctor! Though I've decided that maybe I'd prefer to do medical law, but we'll have to see when the time comes since it'll be in five years time at least.

For my "good results", my father has just bought me a MacBook Air! I'm so so happy with it but I still feel like it's much more than I deserve. I will also be getting a new pair of Uggs and Converses in the near future so I am really excited for that too.

On another note, I was at the hospital on Friday and had a chance encounter with a violent and aggressive patient who was aggravated over the lack of receptionist at the desk when he arrived in the department. Even my surgeon was vexed by the man's behaviour which is unusual since my surgeon seems to have the patience of a saint! I am being admitted next week for some surgical procedure or other and will have to call his secretary tomorrow to find out details and ask where I need to go since my surgeon runs theatre lists both in Harley Street as well as Greater London.

I have had some terrible bleeding lately which is the main reason why I haven't been updating as regularly as I want to be. I am getting some bloods done too next week, as I can't get in to my GP for the next three weeks so we will pay privately to have them done when I am admitted next week. I also realised a few days ago that someone has been giving my insurance policy number to their hospital for treatment as I am receiving phantom bills from hospitals and consultants unknown to me... Once again, I have a case on my hands that has come about through no fault of my own and needs sorting. Similarly, but thankfully, my issue with the other private clinic I attended has been sorted. They decided to freeze my account to investigate matters and then adjusted my payments and informed me that things had been wrongly billed. This is still no excuse for their pathetic letter, waffling through reasons why they billed me for wrong things, despite having been told by the nurse himself that I was wrongly billed for monetary reasons!

I have already met a couple of people going to the same medical school as me and I am so excited to attend some of the Freshers' events with them. I'm glad that I have met people beforehand as I would otherwise be more apprehensive than I already am to go to uni!

Anyway sorry for the super long post but I haven't updated in a long time and thought I should! I hope you've all had a gorgeous weekend, just like I have. Lots and lots of love to you all :)

1 comment:

  1. hey steph,

    well done !!!! so pleased you are able to steam ahead with your medical course. im sure your illness will make you an understanding dr in the future.

    good luck with your op next week, hopefully your a step nearer to coming to a solution.

    ahhh med bills, i had trouble when i went private, bad book keeping on there part.

    from a converse freak, would love to see your new pair!!!. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.