Pages

Thursday 9 August 2012

General update

So my next appointment is finally here and I'm really, really hoping that it's the one where I'll receive some sort of good news about what we can do about my AVM. The pain is becoming pretty unbearable as the days go by and the bleeding has failed to ease. In fact, it's become worse even though the open area itself hasn't changed - if anything, it's a little better but this advance is clouded out by the havoc the bleeding has caused (and is causing!).


I bought myself a white dress today - it's lacy and has a navy bow at the waist! I can't wait to wear it but have to wait till the weather is nice again because it's a summer dress! Also bought an orange hoodie (in a moment of madness!), a navy lace summer top and a navy/white striped t-shirt that I hope will go well with a skirt I recently bought. I'm going out again tomorrow to get some leggings and a lipgloss (I can't decide between Chanel and Lancome so we're going to Debenhams to have a proper look). 

Baked cupcakes again today, vanilla sponge but chocolate buttercream icing this time. I iced them using the standard 8-star swirl and didn't put any further decorations on because I thought they looked nice enough plain. My mother had bought me an electric mixer that has the bowl attached to it - I think these are the free-standing ones? I made a rosemary focaccia yesterday and it was really yummy! Didn't take a photo of it though because it was attacked before I had the chance!


I am anxious but look forward to my appointment tomorrow. I am so hopeful that I will get some news because I've been in this limbo for what seems like ages. Results come out a week from today and only then will I find out whether I've gotten into medical school or not. Fingers crossed it'll be a yes - good luck to everyone else receiving results next week and the week after too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.