Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

Monday, 23rd July 2012

I've been worked up about my dietetics appointment for a while now and am glad that it's over. I'm glad that it was really nothing to worry about and now feel really silly for offloading my pre-appointment panic on other people! Somehow, the appointment extended to an hour-long one and ended up in me feeling super overwhelmed and a bit crappy about how I'd let things get so out of control. It was all so intense and there were various points when I thought I was even going to burst into tears. It made me feel small, and I felt worse that my mother was there and sighing at responses that I was giving.

She suggested I visit a counselor due to my apparent slow decline into eating disorder but I declined as I think I'm going to be alright without this. I've just had enough of visiting people who tell me bad things about myself and feel that all I need is some time to sort everything out. I was also told that it's a wonder I'm surviving how I am, and that if I don't change, I'm at serious risk for what seemed like every medical condition on earth, including heart disease, osteoporosis, cancer, and the list goes on. Despite being a "healthy weight" BMI-wise, I'm deficient and depleted in almost everything. It's just best not to think about it, I suppose.

 I'm pleased too that the weather was nice today. I woke up at midday and didn't really do much until it was time to leave for my appointment. The lady was nice, but I knew I wasn't going to "like" what she said, as such. Anyway, I have now been put on protein shakes to keep my nutrition high in this run-up to my next surgery, which I hope will take place soon! I am seeing my vascular surgeon tomorrow to ask his opinion on whether I should get another angiogram - as I'm not sure if the AVM is completely obliterated. If I'm right and there is indeed some AVM left, I wouldn't feel comfortable with going through another surgery knowing that it's not going to work. I'm apprehensive but excited for tomorrow because it might give me the chance to make up my mind about how I really feel right now. I did, however, say that I wasn't going to visit this surgeon for a few months (it's only been a month so far) because I only ever get upset after the visits to the vascular clinic. I hope that tomorrow, this won't be the case and that I'll be able to get my angiogram done! Hope you have had a wonderful start to the week and for all those in the UK, enjoy the weather while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.