Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Vascular clinic appointment

I totally forgot to write yesterday! I was trying to make this month a "blog-a-day" month, just for fun, but I've obviously failed this time. I was, and am ill with the sick bug - or at least something like the sick bug. I had to go to the optician this morning and almost couldn't leave the house, but we made it there and back! I received my parcel too, of medicines and the protein shakes that I've been told to drink. My mother bought me some tops today, four vests and two Disney t-shirts, which I absolutely love!

I have, however, lost two pounds again. I'm just totally overwhelmed at what has come of the dietitian appointment and don't know whether I can take it all on so quickly. I am seeing my orthopaedic surgeon on Friday again to let him know how the dietetics appointment went and to ask him a few further questions.

Yesterday, I had my appointment with my vascular surgeon. He said that it was normal for people to live with AVM cells present and despite it causing me problems, he declined to send me for any sort of scans. I guess it would just be nicer to know what's there, rather than dealing with something I know nothing about. However, we digressed from "medical talk" and proceeded to have a rather in-depth conversation about classical music... He wants to see me in a month's time, but there's only little chance that this will happen. He was telling me how wonderful the wounds looked, despite my orthopaedic surgeon telling me otherwise - furthermore, I can see for myself that the wounds are bigger and are bleeding more (but this is evidently no cause for concern...). While I very much appreciate his optimism, in a situation  like this, I'd be grateful for some realism too. It's not the best confidence boost when you feel rubbish and someone tells you that this is the best it's going to get for some time still!

I was very slightly upset after yesterday's appointment but I'm sure that with some encouragement from my orthopaedic surgeon, I'll be easily appeased and feel like I'm on track again. Hopefully the sick bug will be over with, but it'll definitely take its toll on my body. The weather, again, has been lovely, but I'm still yet to go out in my shorts and vest this summer! Don't think this "heatwave" is supposed to last very long, unfortunately!

1 comment:

  1. sorry your going through this tough time right now steph. sometimes a situation seems all too much. can you break away for a while, even if its a couple of days and do something that you can enjoy. a new hobby, or a day away from medical stuff. your so young to be dealing with all of this. please take care of yourself.

    i found when i was really ill, i would eat chocolate, normally when i had stomach problems and couldnt eat properly, chocolate eased down. or find things that you can tolerate, which you enjoy to some extent. keep us updated, always enjoy reading. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.